An intensive midweek organized by ‘The Space’ & Estudio Nómada, two collaborating creative organizations in Barcelona. The ultimate way to improve the communication about your art and to increase efficiency in approaching the art market. The training is designed for emerging or mid-career artists that seek to make the next step in their career.
Promote your art
You will develop your professional expertise, critical thinking skills and knowledge of the commercial art system. In ‘The Space’ you will have 24 hours access to a studio where every waking minute will be dedicated to improve your presentation as an artist in the fullest sense:
- improve visual & textual presentation of your work (written and spoken)
- learn practical tools to feel more confident in your personal presentation
- get insight in the way galleries work and how to target/approach the right gallery for your art
- critically review your portfolio (reselecting, titles, descriptions)
- master legal issues, production processes and distribution of work, create and manage a client list, knowledge of how to conduct negotiations with gallerists, agents and dealers
In House teachers
Annette Merrild, www.theroomproject.com & www.annettemerrild.com
Professional artist with MA and PhD status at the Hochshule für Bildende Kunste in Hamburg. Since 20 years she has been living from her art and had Museum and international shows. Now she is also running theSPACE.es in Barcelona.
Arnout Krediet, www.estudio-nomada.com
Graduated communication advisor and linguist. For over 10 years he has been working as a journalist and writer. He is currently the owner of Estudio Nómada, an independent art school in Barcelona.
Dates & Application
1 – 4 July (subscribe before 20 June)
8 – 11 July (subscribe before 25 June)
To apply you can send a digital portfolio with at least 10 works (max size 10 MB), a CV with contact information and an artist statement to Annette Merrild, email@example.com.
€425 for four days full attention and a working space (50% to be paid at acceptance. We offer a 10% discount if you come with two or more people.)